Intern in Strategy and Programmes
The Institute is Vodafone’s European think tank. We explore the potentials and responsible use of digital technologies for innovation, growth and sustainable social impact. Through research and events, we provide thought-leadership and offer a platform for dialogue between business, academia and politics. We are committed to improving access to technology for all parts of society and thus develop and support on-the-ground projects for female empowerment and digital education.
We are on the look-out for a Strategy and Programmes intern to join us in helping run our accelerator programme, F-LANE, as well as lending a hand in organising our tech events. The role will see you help deliver the programme and organise the Demo Day, our big event at the end of the accelerator programme designed to celebrate everything the cohort achieved.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in social innovation that also wants to develop their skills in event management and operations. You will get to meet our network of mentors and work alongside our next cohort of social ventures – gaining a great understanding of what goes on at the Vodafone Institute and F-LANE.
Location: Berlin – Mitte
Time frame: Three to Six Months
Responsibilites and Opportunities:
- Assisting with the operation of our accelerator programme F-LANE; duties include setting up the space for workshops and talks, helping to coordinate speakers, making sure everyone is where they need to be during programme and organising catering and for programme events
- Organise the Investors’ pitch; duties will include finding a venue, arranging catering and managing the invite list
- Helping to co-ordinate our meetups; researching and sourcing speakers, organising venues, catering and managing attendees
- Contributing content for social media and blog posts
- Provide research and project management support to Institute’s team as projects needed
- University education
- Fluent in German and English
- Shares our values and is excited by the social tech startup scene
- Good at getting stuff done
- Willing to support with a variety of tasks
- Enjoys working in a small highly energetic team
The Vodafone Institute is a lean, non-hierachal team. Our interns are as much colleagues as anyone else. We support and teach them — but we also learn a lot from them. We don’t expect you to be an expert, but we will absolutely look for someone with a high level of curiosity, self-motivation, interest to develop the future of tech, an obvious drive to learn new things.
Our internship programme will give you a chance to see how F-LANE works and get involved with the day to day running of the programme. You will support the operational management and assist in the development of our community.
As compensation we offer 1000, – EUR per month. Unfortunately, we can only accept applications by students, who are currently enrolled at a university. Further information on the Vodafone Institute for Communication and Society can be found here:
Please send your CV and cover letter to Cilia Kanellopoulos, Head of Social Innovation, via cilia.kanellopoulos (at) vodafone-institut.de.